The Eighteenth International Conference on
July 1 - July 7, 2018
Fibonacci Numbers and Their
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The exact program will not be known until a few weeks before the conference.
However, the following key dates and events are known:
Sunday, July 1:
Arrival day. Welcome reception in the early evening.
Monday, July 2:
Talks begin in the morning.
Wednesday, July 4:
Afternoon excursion. Probably to
Peggy's Cove and
Friday, July 6:
Talks end in the afternoon.
Problem Session, chaired by Clark Kimberling.
Saturday, July 7:
Departure day. For those who wish to remain, a full-day excursion will be
offered, possibly a hike at
Cape Split. (Weather dependent).
All talks will take place in the "Marion McCain Arts and Social Sciences
Building" (McCain Building for short), in the Scotiabank Auditorium off the
main lobby. Please see the
campus map. The conference venue, residences, and lunch places are all
located on the "Studley Campus".
Some further notes:
- Coffee breaks will be in the lobby of the McCain Building.
- Lunch options are available on campus; more details in the final program.
- Sunday, July 1st, is "Canada Day"; there will be fireworks (locations TBA).
- Monday, July 2nd, is a national holiday, in lieu of Canada Day. Most offices
will be closed, but the conference and food choices will not be affected.
- Further social activities will be scheduled later.
- The Department of Mathematics & Statistics (your proud host) is located in
the near-by Chase Building.